NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Extreme Nursery Makeover



And now we have a spy cam to keep tabs on our mischievous baby. Watching it is so entertaining! Among some of the things we have learned so far is that Niva wiggles her booty high in the air about a hundred times before finally settling into a comfortable sleep position. We have also learned that she still eats her crib even though we thought the 2 uncovered sides were out of her mouth's reach. Likewise, we have made some big changes to the nursery. Because her mouth was at the perfect height for crib-eating, we had to lower the crib to its lowest level...low enough to be exposed to an electrical outlet. So, we had to move the crib to an outlet-free space. And now, Niva has a brand new room! She's still trying to get her bearings-- I actually change her on the changing table now (as opposed to killing my back leaning over the crib) and she's trying to get used to the fact that she isn't towering over the balcony anymore. I wonder what new shenanigans she will think of next!

No longer the big lady on campus...I feel so tiny!

I always feel like...somebody's watching me!

Don't worry Ma, I'll think of something new to keep you on your toes!

Side note: You may think to yourself, "Man, that baby can barely see through that hair in her eyes...why doesn't her momma do something about it??" Well, I'm not ready to cut her hair yet so the alternative would be to put a clip in her. Niva has now discovered the clip. She grabs it out of her hair (along with a handful of hair) and immediately stuffs it into her mouth with a maniacal laugh. When I take the clip from her, she throws a baby tantrum! So for now, I ignore this behavior and there will be hair in her eyes. Oh well.

1 comment: