NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Don't Cross Us

And yet another update on "Niva's Good Table Manners" Sticker Chart (Niva's "sign"). If you ask Niva what the 2 rules for good table manners are, she will immediately tell you, "No toe-ing (throwing), no keeming (screaming)". However yesterday, Niva decided to once again test her boundaries on rule #2. She thought it would be the biggest hoot to shatter our eardrums throughout dinner. We ignored, we scolded, we threatened no stickers for bad table manners-- the child was unfazed. So we pulled out the old threat of throwing her sign in the garbage. We have done this before and the sign has gone only as far as being hidden behind the toaster and then magically finds its way back onto the wall. To this threat, Niva scoffed, "Bwahahaha! BYE stickers! Trash!" Whaaaaaat?!?!?! Oh NO she did not!!! All 53 stickers promptly got dumped in la basura and we never looked back...don't mess with the 'rents!!

Whoaaaa! Mom and Dad mean business, I'm scared!

I better quit my monkeying around STAT... 

Niva pretended that she was too cool to care about the loss of her sign. However tonight, she sure was talking up a storm about "new sign" and her table manners improved immensely during dinner. And the process starts again....
...and I best listen to my kind and sagacious parents at all times!

3 comments:

  1. I bet Niva's grandparents are getting a BIG chuckle out of this! A little payback, maybe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Karen got it right! All you young parents are now getting a taste of what the grandparents had to deal with!

      Delete
  2. Could this cute little monkey be that mischievous??

    ReplyDelete