NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby's First Santa

Today, Niva had her first taste of Santa Claus...and she had no idea what was going on! We went to a Santa Storytime at Ghost-town Mall (aka Highland Mall) with Aunt Steph, Aunt Amanda, and Cousin Brian (who have now moved to Austin!). We practiced our ho-ho-ho'ing on the way down there which Niva was really good at. However, I had a hard time explaining who Santa Claus is besides saying, "He's this jolly old man with a long white beard who brings good kids presents." Is there a less shallow explanation of Santa Claus that anyone would like to share with me? I am paranoid about Niva growing up with a sense that she is entitled to receive presents (visions of the brat from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory dance through my head-- blech!). Am I being Grinchy??

(The quality of the pix are not so great since I only had my phone on me. By the way, they were selling professional Santa pictures too...2 5x7's for $20?!?!?! For the birds!)

Auntie Steph, please just give me a hug and a smooch for Christmas...thanks!

They handed out jingle ball necklaces and Niva loved hiding it under her neck...what a weird kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment