NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Beginning of Something Great

Today, a beautiful thing happened. As we were wrapping up the day with our customary "Mom reads a book while Niva bounces around the room like a pinball" routine, I noticed my little pinball start to do something different. In the midst of the daily tornado that is her room at 7pm, she started to put her blocks in its appropriate bucket. Hmmmm, interesting. THEN, she started placing books from the floor in a shelf! What the what!!?? I took this as my cue to start dishing out orders while I sat back and watched in amazement. "Put the flash cards in the bookshelf"-- check! "Put your radio in the toy box"-- check! "Place your shoes under the futon"-- check (after mistakenly throwing them in the hamper first...good thing the pile of clothes is high enough so that Niva could reach the shoe and correct her error)! The child's head was drenched with sweat from this whirlwind of action. After picking up that room for the 8000th time, I can get used to this! Let's see if this miracle occurs tomorrow too...and until she moves to college!

Make no mistake-- I'm still a monkey at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment