NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Niva's First Rule

According to my source for all baby knowledge, Baby 411, babies need to be disciplined starting at age 9 months. Wow, already?? Well, the first rule I have been trying to enforce is, "No pinching!" For awhile now, Niva has been pinching any square inch of my skin that she can get her hands on while she nurses. Even though her fingers are tiny, her pinches are like needles...especially when she grabs a fistful of my cheek and sinks her sharp nails in! Maybe it's my imagination, but I feel like her grip loosened somewhat after sternly telling her, "No pinching!" about 20 times. The key is consistency-- that's okay because I'm used to repeating myself many many times after teaching middle schoolers for 9 years. However, it's going to be difficult being a disciplinarian to someone who is so dang cute! Is it just Niva or do all babies her age have this perpetual mischievous twinkle in their eyes?

Hey Ma, check out my Upward Dog!

Rules? I thought you said I was The Boss!

1 comment:

  1. Yep--I've gone with "no biting!" as my first rule with Leo. It is super hard to combat the cuteness though.

    ReplyDelete