NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Parent Of The Year

That award will NOT be going to me after today's little episode on my watch-- my kid ate a plastic bag!!! I had put my sweet baby down to take an afternoon nap even though she was wide awake. Through the closed door, I could hear her talk, play, and occasionally whine (probably because she was not falling asleep). This continues for about an hour and as I was done putting clothes in the dryer, I hear Niva making a weird cough along with a little cry. I dash to her room and to my great horror, I saw it-- a puddle of spit up with little pieces of plastic bag in it. Somehow a bag of cotton balls on top of the changing table (attached to the crib) had fallen behind the changing table. Guess which little monkey was able to fish it out from behind and make an afternoon snack out of it? I start freaking out and dialing the doctor's number even though Niva's coughs and cries had immediately turned to a big grin. She looked absolutely normal and thankfully, levelheaded Kraig came home right at that moment. He pointed out that not much plastic was missing from the bag and the puddle probably contained the rest. I hung up the phone with the doc's automated message while Kraig immediately started babyproofing the changing table as we saw it through new eyes. Why does Niva J. Bonzek like to eat caca?? Kind of like a Momo Jr...


Niva and her bad influence older sister

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that is so scarry, I guess you have to be extra vigilant about eveything that is around her. Well, don't worry I still vote you parent of the year.

    ReplyDelete