NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Ferberizing Miss Niva

Niva is about to be 6 months old and you know what that means...time to Ferberize. What does that mean? The Ferber Method aka the "cry it out" approach to sleeping behavior. At this age, babies are neurologically mature enough to self-soothe so no more rocking/feeding/pacifier to put the kid to sleep. Up until 4 days ago, Niva would fall sleep while feeding and not wake up until about 6 in the morning. All of a sudden, she is still awake when she is done feeding and then starts looking around the room, laughing, and chatting. That is my cue to put her down and say peace out. The crying is extremely dramatic but the funny thing is that as soon as I go in there (at timed intervals) to reassure her that I haven't abandoned her, she bursts into the cutest baby giggles... as if to say, "Haha, suckaaaa!" Yesterday, she cried for 12 minutes, tonight it was 8 minutes. We will see if the trend continues tomorrow!

Are you sure we can't just play instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment