NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Scary Car Ride

Today, I had a little scare while chauffeuring Miss Eggs and Bakey. After a pleasant walk at Town Lake with Auntie Karol, we were on our way home. Halfway home, Niva starts crying. These cries escalate to screams....some of the loudest screams I've ever heard from this child! I'm singing and trying to rock her with one hand while the other hand is on the steering wheel. These efforts just seem to fuel the fire so I stop. Suddenly, the screams come to an abrupt halt. Silence, not even a whimper. Huuuh? I take a quick glimpse into the Blue Elephant mirror. Her face is looking upward and I thought she was sleeping. At a stoplight, I look at the mirror a little closer and see her eyes are open and she is not moving! I start freaking out in my head. Luckily, I am only 2 minutes away from home at this point so I put the pedal to the metal. When we get home, I nearly fall out of my car seat to get to Eggs and Bakey and I find that....whew! Everything is okay. She is just staring at the circular pattern on the shade of her baby seat. Maybe the circles hypnotized her into soothing herself? What a relief!

Yes, I have bad days too!

And now for your viewing pleasure, Niva would like to show you a couple of her new toys:




No comments:

Post a Comment