Yesterday, I read in a magazine article that in order to encourage speech development in infants, they need to hear at least 30,000 words a day. WHAT! That's a lot of words! To put that in perspective, the article said that adults usually use 16,000 words per day. Of course I want my Lil Eggs and Bakey aka the Valedictorian GT Kid to be first in speech development among other things. So today, I was on a mission to cram 30,000 words in my day...it was like I was a sports commentator except for it was not just for a 2 hour football game, it was every waking moment of Niva's day. When Niva is able to talk, she will know every corner in our house, every different color flower on our walk, and where every bump in the road is located. And she will hear it all over again tomorrow...can't wait until this is a 2-sided conversation!
 |
Lady, do you ever shut up??
|
However, I think her first words are going to be some variation of, "Momo down!", "Momo stop!" or "Momo no!"
In other news, I have discovered what not to do to appease Baby Sunshine. As I was cooking dinner, I had Niva in her bouncer (on the floor Dad, not on the table this time-- safety first!) and I decided to entertain her with my hip dance moves. Her lip immediately curled out into the saddest face and she burst into tears. Apparently, she's not into my Elbows and Knees 6th Grade moves...
 |
| Mommy's dancing makes me feel a little bit ill. |
Commentating is hard work. But Niva's gonna be head of the class for vocab and grammar!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!
ReplyDelete