NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Monday, September 13, 2010

Big Store Shopping

The highlight of today is that we had our first actual successful shopping experience in a big store. A couple of days ago we had tried this at BuyBuyBaby.  I thought all would go well since it would be just like taking a walk in the stroller around the neighborhood. Boy, was I wrong! Niva cried the entire time we were there, and I had to go home empty-handed and slightly embarrassed. I am going to chalk that up to residual fussiness from her 2 month vaccinations. Today I wanted to practice again even though I was very wary. So, we took a trip to Hobby Lobby....there was a little bit of whining-- I stuck a pacifier in her mouth and she fell asleep...whew! I then got ambitious and decided to go across the street to Target. She snoozed the whole time and I was able to make all the purchases I needed. My confidence is restored and I may get brave enough to face the craziness of HEB sometime soon. What a relief it will be to be able to go to the grocery store without waiting for Daddy to be home to babysit!
I'm ready to go to the mall next!

2 comments:

  1. What a big step! You ladies are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I second Karen "you ladies are really amazing". I hope she doesn't get too attached to the malls.

    ReplyDelete