NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Go Preschool!

The day finally came--Niva graced the halls of preschool today! Before her grand entry, we started the day with practicing some pleasantries:

                                           That last sentence is, "Wanna play with toys?"

Then, after Mom running around trying to remember to get everything (supplies, change of clothes/diapers, lunch, snack, camera, squirmy kid), we were off!

I'm going to dominate this Monkeys class!


The smile slowly fades when we get to the place.

As Niva poses by her cubby, this doe-eyed child slowly realizes that our party of 2 is about to be over.

I didn't stick around very long. Wise Dr. Mouser told me that I just need to tell Niva two things when I drop her off, "I love you" and "I'll be back soon." So, that I did say and skedaddled (before my own waterworks would begin). Niva did not like this as she attempted to chase me down the hall crying. Fast forward to pick-up and Niva was all smiles! I got there a bit early and spied on her through the window...all was well! Ms. Maria told me she did fine and only cried for 5 minutes. Alright Neevy! One thing Niva is going to have to get better at though: giving me a report of the day!

For posterity...

I'm going to add a picture of the lunch I packed for Niva:


I was proud of it because I actually got 7 elements included (the director had suggested 5) and it looked like a lunch that I would love to eat: pasta with parmesan, grape tomatoes, carrots with hummus, chicken deli meat, Jarlsberg cheese, green beans, and pineapple for dessert. When I opened it up back at home, it pretty much looked the same except for the cheese and pineapple had disappeared. And Niva kept asking, "Eat lunch? Eat lunch?" Wonk wonk.

3 comments:

  1. awww my little baby cute stuff is all grown up! good job neez and good job momz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lunch is too healthy. i would've left all of it too. poor neevz...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raj! You crack me up!!! Anuva, it makes me feel so goooood to read that Niva didn't eat her lunch either. Seb leaves his the same way!

    ReplyDelete