NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Changes

It was a few days ago but I have to document Niva's 2nd day of preschool. First of all, when I dropped Niva off, we observed another kid screaming bloody murder. Of course, Niva looked at me in utter horror thinking I was sending her somewhere terrible...then she started crying. After school, Niva transformed into a person I have never seen before. She was screaming, crying, and throwing tantrums for no apparent reason at all! Usually, when she does this, I can sing or distract her attention so that the tears don't last more than a minute. However, she was screeching for several minutes at a time with nothing to comfort her! It was like she was trying to see how much her lungs would expand (not exaggerating). What in the world!!?? I felt like my child was somewhere between a colicky baby and a distraught teenager! An example of her strange behavior: she asked me for water...so, my first reaction was to get her cup of water. However, she FLIPPED out and started shrieking, "Water water water water!!!!" After several minutes of guessing, I realized she wanted a cup that I gave her 10 minutes ago to pour water into the rice cooker. Okaaaaaaaay. It was so frustrating! This screaming/screeching/shrieking behavior lasted exactly 2 days and now, I am happy to report that she is back to normal. I think.  What the heck was that all about anyway?!?!!?!?!

Can't blame me, Ma! I'm going through some changes...

Just deal with it!

1 comment: