NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The 2 Year Appointment

Because this is my blog and I can brag, I am pleased to say that Niva J passed her 2 year appointment with flying colors! Dr. Mouser informed us that we answered every question that she asked correctly (and she says she doesn't say that often). A few of these questions include:

  • how many servings of fruits per day (if palm of the hand is a serving)? 3
  • how many servings of veggies? 2
  • how many ounces of juice does she drink per day? zero
  • how many minutes of TV/screen time does she get per day? zero
  • how many times per week do we go out to eat? 1 (Mom shuts the kitchen down on Saturday nights)
  • do we eat our meals together? yes, but not lunch (Mom's lunchtime=Niva's naptime=ME time)
  • how many hours of active play does she have per day? 2-3 hours
  • does she have at least 50 words in her vocabulary? welllll, with words like dalmatian, dandelion, vinca, Vivaldi, and Statue of Liberty, I had to tell Dr. Mouser that I think it's more like a thousand words for our little parrot....don't mind me and my proud self, Dr. M!
  • does she scribble from side to side or in circles?  this is one we may have to work on...although she does scribble occasionally, Niva is not so interested in coloring-- she prefers to run in the opposite direction of crayons and paper
Oh, and the latest measurements are: 35 inches (90%), 30 lbs (75%). To top it all off, this evening she went swimming with Daddy wearing her new floaties. According to Dad, she was a swimming champ and swam just about the length of the pool, wow! Okay, one more brag: this kid spelled her name at dinner. Daddy's and my jaw dropped. Yeah boieeeeee!!

Oh Mom, I'm blushing!


2 comments:

  1. Niva, can you spell S-U-P-E-R-S-T-A-R?? 'Cuz that's what you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....great parenting!
    -priya

    ReplyDelete