Well well! Have I got a lot of December updatin' to do! Checky checky out:
We hit the awesome Austin Gingerbread Village at the Four Seasons
Yes, I do!
Then, we enjoyed milk and cookies at storytime...
with our homie Squinty Sebz, in anticipation of...
the one and only Santa Claus! Read on to find out what Niva whispered in St. Nick's ear
Niva concluded preschool in 2012 with the long awaited performance of Bang the Drum... starring the Monkeys Class! (btw, I have never seen Niva less enthusiastic but I was still proud as ever!)
We enjoyed a mystical trip to the museum with Seb and Carla
These hip chicks strolling down trendy 2nd Street...here, Niva points out the fashionable mannequins to her sweet friend.
Then, we were off to Gammy and Poppa's house in Katy!
And the real fun begins!
Niva's favorite part of decorating cookies
Every night was party night on Pebble Chase Drive...as you can see from Fufu's and Unkee's Friendly Faces!
Now, what was it that Niva whispered into Santa's ear? Well, it appears that he heard her loud and clear. Here she is unwrapping the only gift she requested this year:
Now, for the best of news of all: as of Christmas Eve, Niva Josephine is officially potty trained! All of a sudden, it clicked! Daddy and I are all worn out from the cartwheels and handstands we have had to perform this week (she keeps requesting them!). Much to my mysophobic dismay, she even goes potty in public restrooms too (so far, we have done Monkey Joe's, Target, and Central Market). For now, Niva still wears a diaper during sleepy time which is causing major wars for her parents. One drop of pee in her diaper puts Niva over the edge and we have had to change her diaper 4 times (in a span of 10 minutes) before she actually falls asleep. And I can tell this is affecting her mentally as we are seeing a wave of unexplained tantrums. But for now, all we can do is rejoice in this accomplished milestone and all the money we will be saving with the absence of diapers...woohoo! Oh and with the potty training, we have converted her to a toddler bed at home too. The changes just keep coming!
Gammy made it back for the holidays!! Yea!!
ReplyDelete