For the past couple days, my poor baby was sick with a fever for the first time in her life. On Monday, Niva was coughing very hard which suddenly led to a 102 fever. Dr. Mouser said that she had an upper respiratory virus which would pass in a few days. In the mean time, if she had fever, I could give her fever reducer medication to make her more comfortable. Wow, that stuff is magic! Without it, she was the most pitiful looking child ever (I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of it). However, check Niva out 20 minutes after taking the medicine:
Sick Day #1:
 |
| I feel so good, I could be the drummer for a rock band... |
Sick Day #2 (this is not staged, the child perpetually has a look of mischief!):
 |
| ...or a gangsta race car driver! |
On the positive side, Niva and I got a lot of snuggle time...can you believe this was the first time ever that Niva allowed me to snuggle up to her so we could nap together (and first time she slept in the same bed as me for that matter)? It felt so nice with her cuddling in my arms! Today is Day 3 and she is feeling much better. Niva and I were getting a little stir crazy by today as you can tell by our impromptu self-photo shoot (this is a little something we like to call "jah maroo" aka "no work to do")...
 |
| Ma, I wanna be weird like you! |
so glad my little sunshine is feeling better! can't wait until next weekend! we are totes having our own photo shoot...imma get my hair did. tell nees to bring her green hat!
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so sorry to hear Niva was a sickie--glad she had her sweet mama to keep her company.
ReplyDelete