NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Precautionary Tale



Check out the latest addition to Niva's Puppy Collection. It's a dalmatian! When you think of dalmatian, what else do you think of? That's right, it's a gift from some kind firemen that rescued us today. Read on for a doozy of a blog entry....I'm very embarrassed to share this but I have to warn my fellow mommies out there:

This morning, after Niva and I were leaving Gold's Gym, I handed her my keys to keep her entertained. She pushed on the buttons of the remote repeatedly on our way to the car since she is so fascinated with buttons these days. When we got into the car, I set the keys next to her car seat so I could buckle her in. Just as I was about to start buckling her in, a stupid lady honks her horn at me because she wants the parking space next to me. Of all the hundreds of available parking spaces, Ms. White Lexus wants the space next to the mom buckling her kid in the car. Thanks lady. I move Niva's door out of the way and wait in front of my car so she can park. When I get back to Niva's door, I just about have a heart attack. The door has shut all the way and it is LOCKED (remember Niva fiddling with the buttons?)!!! After I accepted the fact that I will not be able to open the door myself nor will a Gold's Gym worker, I called 911. This is the first time I have ever had to do this--thank God the firemen got there very quickly (siren and all) and it was a cold day. In the meantime, I was trying to keep her occupied by showing her pictures on my phone through the window. Niva was locked in the car for about 10 minutes total and for the first 8 minutes she was all smiles thinking it was a game. But then during the last couple of minutes, she started to cry hard with fear. That cry of fear was the most heartbreaking thing to witness. When the firemen finally were able to finagle the lock open, I couldn't stop hugging my precious girl.

SO for me, the moral of this story is don't let the kid play with keys. And don't ever let your guard down especially for some silly biddy who's in a hurry to work out. And always keep track of your keys at all times. And many more lessons...this has given me the most awful feeling all day!

I gotta watch my back in this town!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow that is scary! Thanks for the warning. I'm glad the firemen came to the rescue so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Hooray for Mom keeping her cool in a scary situation and thanks to the firemen for saving the day! And how cool is it that they have stuffed animals to make situations like this all better?!?!

    ReplyDelete