In case I haven't said it before, having a kid makes holidays a million times more awesome! All the old Christmas traditions are shiny and new again-- the anticipation of Santa, leaving him cookies and milk, the excitement of Christmas morning...it's wonderful! Here are some highlights of our Christmas break in Katy, Texas:
 |
| As you know, I like to keep my munchkin booked with activities. The first morning, we went to the Houston Aquarium... |
 |
| ...which also featured a White Bengal Tiger (for some unknown reason). Here, Niva shows Unkee some love. |
 |
| Niva hammed it up for the crowd at the White Tiger exhibit. |
 |
| The next day, we hit the Houston Children's Museum. After growing up in Houston all my life, this is the best place I have ever discovered there...I was blown away! See above for a kid version of HEB among other things. |
 |
| Then, Niva got to be a student of the Art Academy at the museum.... |
 |
| ...and enjoyed some playtime at the Tot Spot. |
 |
| She loved that fireman hat...maybe she was recalling recent memories? |
 |
| But then another kid stole it off her head. Too bad! |
 |
| Back at the house on Christmas Eve... |
 |
| ...Niva got to open one gift-- a puppy backpack! |
 |
| I think I've seen Kindergarteners who look this size! |
 |
| Christmas morning and Niva greets the family with hugs. |
 |
| I was excited to receive this awesome baby bicycle helmet... |
 |
| ...to go with my new baby bicycle seat! |
 |
| Aughhh! The Unkee Monster is gonna get me! |
 |
| I think this kid should wear the helmet on a regular basis. Her head is at the perfect height for sharp edges! |
 |
| After a big Christmas Feast, it's time to go nigh nigh. |
 |
| In addition to all this fun, I got to take Niva to my old stomping grounds-- Nottingham Country Elementary School! |
 |
| Who would have thought that 24 years later, I would bring my own kid here! |
Oh what fun we had indeed! What will next Christmas have in store for us??
P.S. The Letter Mystery is solved! It turns out that the sender was none other than Niva's Great Grandma Bonzek in Syracuse...what a great trick, GGMa! We will look back on that letter fondly in years to come.
No comments:
Post a Comment