I feel like I've won the lottery! In addition to having Niva Josephine as my very own, I have discovered a song that soothes her about 95% of the time. A few weeks ago at our library storytime, we sang an oldie but a goodie called Where is Thumbkin. It was an easy song to sing and had cute little hand movements to go with it...so I started singing it to Niva using her name. Niva must love it because it gets her quiet fast when she's grumpy! I use it during Pajama Time, in the car when she's had enough, on our evening walks when she's ready to be home but we're not close....I don't mind singing it several hundred times if it keeps her content! What are the odds that I would just happen to find the song that does the trick?
 |
| Me? Grumpy? Never! Now sing me that song again! |
In other news, the Baby Nursery has undergone a transformation. We moved the guest room bed so that there will be more space for Eggs and Bakey to play as she gets more mobile...here she is christening her new foam playmat:
Niva is so photogenic, and you can see her little personality. Cute!
ReplyDelete