See this nifty device that Niva J is showing off? It is a kitchen timer and it is my latest discipline tactic... I LOVE it!!! Time outs are no longer a time to party when the timer is ticking! Don't let that tentative smile fool you, Niva hates that thing. If she knows she is about to be in some trouble, she reminds herself, "Gonna get the timer, no timer" and then checks herself. I catch her mumbling about the timer all the time! All I have to do is say, "I'm about to start counting"...the highest I get to is 2 before she does the right thing. So, instead of telling her to do things 34 times, it's more like 17 times now before it gets done!
In other news, we discovered a gem of a new place today...the New Braunfels Children's Museum. It's about an hour away from our house but so much cooler than the Austin Children's Museum!
| Niva loved this rocket launch science demonstration! |
Play date, peeps? Let's go!
We want to go!!
ReplyDelete