NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Niva's "Good Table Manners"

This morning, I was at my wits' end. For the 5000th time, Niva threw a cup on the floor. This time, I was washing her hands at the kitchen sink when she spotted a ceramic coffee mug that I foolishly left next to the sink. She grabbed it, looked me right in the eye, and flung it on the floor as hard as she could....you know what happened next. A million pieces of shattered mug! How many times can I give this child timeout for throwing cups, bowls, spoons, and food? Aughhhhh! Well, what's the saying about attracting flies with honey? With that in mind, I improvised something different this afternoon:

Stickers and a picture of Momo? You've got my attention.
It may not be very age appropriate yet but Niva sure was excited to receive 2 stickers during dinner tonight. And these stickers were rewarded during the second chance grace period. Hmmmm, I wonder how many of these second chance grace periods we will be seeing? We'll see how this goes.

During the second chance grace period, Niva even kindly asked for some more salad! Baby spinach and all!

In other news, I discovered today that Niva has two new words in her vocabulary: "mocos" ("boogers" in Spanish) and "jeggings." This kid cracks me up!

Check out my hip jeggings!

3 comments:

  1. haha jeggings! where are you guys in that last pic? btw, i have randomly been humming "zoom zoom" when i drive now...tonx niva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her next Spanish word should be "chanklas." Just in time for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to raise a civilized kid, Anuva! I love that she knows Spanish for boogers.

    ReplyDelete