First, in regards to Another Milestone, that was the only time Niva peed in the potty. However, just about every night since then, we have had many a battle of "Mo' potty/ No potty". I think this is yet another trick Niva is pulling on me to prolong going to bed (along with mo' milk, mo' water, mo' peepee *needs a diaper change* and "nigh moo" *read me Goodnight Moon*)...I'm catching on to you, little lady!
| Hey, wait! One more thing! |
And in regards to Niva's "Good Table Manners", WELL! We are finally seeing some progress after a week of implementing the stickers 4 times a day (breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner). There have been primarily 2 responses to this system: 1) Niva flings her cup at the floor, puts her hand out with a big grin like this :D, and asks, "Stickers?" or 2) she makes a big production of doing the right thing by putting the cup in her "circle" with a grandiose gesture and then repeatedly reminds me, "Stickers! Stickers! Stickers!". I would say that the former response is down to about 30% whereas it was at 100% 2 days ago. Is this sticker bribe going to come back to haunt me in the future? Am I creating a little monster that will only respond to materialistic rewards to do the right thing? In addition to all the stickers and praise that Niva is receiving, she is also digging the little counting lesson she gets every time we count the stickers...after a week of doing this (at 4 times a day mind you), she is up to a whopping 20 stickers!
| I did it all for the stickers...yeah the stickers! |
Such a cutie!!! Love that towel pic! Getting sooooo big!
ReplyDelete