NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Monday, January 16, 2012

Progress

After 9 months of trying to implement some discipline into Niva J, I think we have progress! Today, during our lesson-- the "Match Jar"-- Niva decided to take all of the stuff I wanted her to match and throw them on the ground. "You know that you are going to have to pick all of that up, don't you?" I told her sternly as she appeared to ignore me. When it was time to clean up, she ran away to play with Momo. "Niva, you better get back in here and pick this up or you will go Timeout!!" And how did she respond to this? "No! No!" she pleaded and got down to business, picking up every little item on the floor! YES!! Later this evening, I pulled the same threat when she was about to start jumping on the couch...same response and she corrected herself immediately. The fear is slowly being instilled!

Today's lesson...

...and here are some of the items before they were strewn all over the floor.

*grumble grumble*

Okay dear Mother, I will do the right thing. (I wish!)

Bonus pictures of the day:

Niva attempts to kiss and hug every dog that she sees. After playing with chalk outdoors today, I found out that drawings of dogs are no exception:

Not so cuddly but I still love him!


2 comments:

  1. Aunt Anne and Uncle DavidJanuary 17, 2012 at 6:03 PM

    Aww...how cute is that? We love all your stories and pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hardworking girl! And the kissing puppy pictures is the sweetest.

    ReplyDelete