NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Elephants Never Forget

Since Niva hit the 18 month mark, she has been quite the chatterbox. And in addition to an explosion in her vocabulary, I have learned that she has a great memory too! Below are a few examples to illustrate her sharp memory:


  • We have played with chalk outside twice in Niva's life. The first time was a couple of months ago and I drew her a cat, a dog, and hopscotch. When I proposed that we play with chalk again last week, Niva immediately requested: "Meow meow" (cat), "goggie" (dog), and "hop hop" (you get it)....how did she remember this from so long ago?
  • Last week, we went to the Wildflower Center where Niva discovered that it was so fun to throw pebbles in the pond. I told her that was not okay because the "fish were taking a nap." Now every time I refer to the Wildflower Center, she says, "Fish nigh nigh...pah (pond)". This little image must have made quite an impact on her!
  • Today, we went to feed the ducks. Niva pointed at a birdhouse and said, "buh...ha". I mentioned this birdhouse to her only once a couple of weeks ago...geez kid, do you forget anything??
It seems that I've got quite the little elephant on my hands. It is becoming more and more obvious that I better check myself before I make any false moves!

Watch your back...

...cuz little pitchers have big ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment