NJB

NJB
My name is Niva and I'm still cute!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Lesson Plans

Now that Niva's about to hit the big age of 18 months, one of my new year's resolutions is to be more structured with Niva's "projects". At the beginning of every week, I intend to write a "lesson plan" with 3 activities for the week. So, how did week #1 go?

Lesson #1: Color Wheel. Verdict: I pointed to yellow and Neevz said, "Quack quack!"...Success!

Lesson #2: Pasta/Pipe Cleaner bracelet. Verdict: She was fascinated for about 30 seconds...then she stuffed uncooked pasta into her mouth. Choking hazard, yikes!

Lesson #3: Sticking Body Parts on Mr. Potatohead. Verdict: She was interested in this for about 7 seconds...

...and then NJ thought it would be hilarious to stuff Mr. Potatohead's body parts into her mouth as fast as she could.

I thought this would be a project I would be able to reuse but I guess I was wrong.

Just as some lesson plans in teaching 7th graders math are a bust, I learned that the same can happen with an 18 month old. At least this time I have only one student so it's easier to improvise when things go awry. I already have next week's lesson plans written out and I'm so excited to prepare them for her!

Almost forgot to add the Bonus Picture of the Day!


We're the 2 best friends that anyone ever had!
 (that's Momo Pancake that Niva is hugging...in case you couldn't figure it out!)

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good job, Anuva! Proud of you and Neevj! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) those pigtails are adorbs!
    2)i love how her sleeves are rolled up while she makes her necklace - she looks so focused.
    3) i so wish that i was that triangle chair...momo + NJB = BFFAEAEAE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne and David WeissJanuary 8, 2012 at 6:26 PM

    Love everything you have posted! Keep it up. Very cute. Nice Momo sandwich very tolerant dog

    ReplyDelete